Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 175: Birdy Painting, Finals, Chocolate Banana Bread, Time at the Piano, Feeling Better, and a Funky Ear Thingy.

22/2/10

Today was a complete roller coaster. Volunteering was wonderful. I felt so connected to the place I've come to love most in Jerusalem. I painted these paper mache birds began the process of telling people that it's my last week. I never thought I'd be this sad to leave a volunteer placement, but when I told Alberto that thursday was my last day, he started tearing, and then I almost started, and I felt so loved and appreciated. I can't believe I've spent three months here already! It feels like I started working there yesterday. =( ANI OHEVET HA'YAD L'KASHISH!

Hebrew oral final was today, and after nerves, practicing, and convincing myself that I was going to fail, I actually made it out alive! Hopefully I'll do just as well on the written section on Thursday!

After the stress, I made happy Chocolate Cinnamon Banana Bread. Really, do I need to say anything more on that?

FEELING SO MUCH BETTER! I didn't feel too sick today, and hopefully that means this bug is finally on it's way out for good. On the other hand (warning here, it gets kind of gross), my cartilage piercing also decided to go haywire today, and unfortunately, I had to remove it because I developed what I thought was a blood blister...until I tried to pop it and a bumpy, solid cartilage ball exploded out...eww....Lizzy was a trouper though! She helped me free the goopus. Yay Lizzy!

Tomorrow we're going up north for siyur, and I'm very excited.

Right now, despite some minor inconveniences, I'm pretty content. =D

Lots of Love,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment