Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Day 163: Rachel's Blog by Lizzy Feldman. INVASION!

10/2/10

Hi Rachel's friends and family! Rachel's a little drained right now, so I offered to replace her on the blog writing. First, it must be said that we have the single best room because of our constant dance parties and singing sessions. Secondly, Rachel wanted me to tell you all that Lizzy is the single best roommate ever, not really, but yah. She's always smiling which is nice. And she's now talking in 3rd person. Being with Rachel on Year Course and essentially doing the same things, it becomes apparent very quickly how the people of Year Course make up the experience. I had the fortune of knowing a large number of people on Year Course before arriving because I've been involved with Young Judaea for ten years. On the other hand, Rachel arrived knowing no one. Now however, we are in entirely the same boat. Being a past Young Judaean does not help me. Knowing Young Judaea doesn't make the process any easier. If anything, it is more difficult to break out of the YJ shell. I'm truly grateful that I made an effort to meet people outside of Young Judaeans, like Rachel, because it is these people who I will invite to my wedding. Whatever experience I may remember from YC in years to come will be because of the people I knew here, and had the immense privilege of calling my friends. When I tell people about something I did here in Israel, there is no way to tell it without telling of the people.

I'm running out of things to say.... Awesome dinner at Waffle Bar tonight-- think of a banana split in waffle form... it's pure happiness until the next morning's bathroom stop. I am worth 20 camels, which is a downgrade from the previous 50 I was offered in Jordan, but awesome new purse found!!!!! Rachel is worth 100 camels plus a bracelet, but that doesn't include shipping. And a very sweet man who directed Rachel and I to the nearest ATM in what should have been a 1 minute conversation, but it somehow took more like 20. Rachel continued her present shopping, where as I need to start mine. Al tidag (that means don't worry)- I already know what I'm getting people!!! My dad's getting a Hebrew University T-shirt (he went there in the times of the dinosaurs), my mom will be getting jewelry from the artist's fair in Tel Aviv, not sure about my 22 year old gingy brother (prob a T Shirt too), and friends will be getting cute little chachkas.(I use yiddish on a regular basis by the way). I think that's mainly it...I introduced Rachel to music apart from showtunes and operas!!! SUCCESS!!!! She now has Counting Crows, Ben Folds, Regina Spektor, Barenaked Ladies, Ingrid Michaelson, and many others on her ipod. I am so proud.

That's all for now!!! Rachel's rather a fabulous person, and I'm so glad I get to bother her for the next 3 months too.
Lehitraot Lekulam!!!
Lizzy (the roommate who dances down Ben Yehuda Street) Feldman

No comments:

Post a Comment